One to One Photography Tuition
There's no better way to progress your photography and photoshop skills than by one to one, personalised tuition. From our Stockport based studio, Matt will work with you to develop specific areas of your photography.
While Matt specialises in professional Product Photography and Photoshop retouching, this covers a broad range of photography skills applicable to all types of photography:
- Equipment choice and use.
- On and off-camera lighting.
- Model direction and posing.
- Photoshop clipping.
- Skin retouching and colouring.
- Working with creative effects in Photoshop.
From just £75 per session and with evening and weekend slots available, contact Matt for an informal chat about how you can work together to develop your photography.
Photography Courses for beginners to working professionals. Whether you're just starting out or are already a working photographer, we offer several courses designed to advance your digital photography skills and knowledge.
Scroll down to browse through our course offerings, or if you don't see what you're looking for, feel free to contact us to see if we can provide the training you need via one-to-one training sessions.
Beginners Guide to Digital Photography Course
If you're just starting out in photography, this is the perfect course to set you off on the right path.
During the course of one day we'll cover a range of topics all aimed giving you a head start in photography. Whether you've just splashed out on your first DSLR or are trying to figure which type of camera is right for you, you'll find the tips and tricks explained in this course useful for all types of photography.
Topics covered during the day include:
- Gear: Cameras, lenses, flashes, tripods, monopods, bags, softboxes, umbrellas; the list goes on: We'll give an overview of the typical sort of gear used for different types of photography, and also give advice on what you might need, and not need to budget for yourself.
- How to use your camera effectively: Camera's can be daunting at first, we'll go over common settings and shooting modes and explain how to better take advantage of all the great tricks your camera can perform.
- Terminology: Learn the lingo, know your "Glass" from your "Histogram". We'll cover all of the important terms used in photography so you won't feel lost amongst the jargon.
- Image composition: If you want to progress from taking snapshots to really great photographs, you'll need a basic understanding of how to compose your images. During this course, you'll learn about composition techniques like the rule of thirds, leading lines and the psychology of imagery.
- Digital Processing: We'll go over the differences between the most common photographic processing programmes, Photoshop and Lightroom, to help you decide which one is best for you, we'll also cover the basics of using each programme in the most simple, but effective way. In this section you'll also learn about colour spaces and how to output your images in different formats and explain why you'll want to do this.
- Ongoing Critiques: Once you've been on one of our courses, the door is always open to providing critiques and offering practical advice at any time.
All of our Photography Courses are limited to six people on any one course, this is so we can provide a more personalised service which helps us give you the specific training you need.
Some nice words from people we've already mentored:
Product Photography Course
Whether you're a business doing your own in-house product photography or a photographer looking to add another string to your bow, our Product Photography course gives you the skills you need to effectively create the most popular forms of product photography.
Through four in studio sessions, you'll be guided through the techniques and methods for creating Ghost Mannequin, Packshot and Modelled commercial images. You'll put theory into practice with live photoshoots and classroom events all aimed at giving you the information; and real world experience you need to create high quality images yourself.
Topics covered during the course include:
- Equipment: A real world look at what you need and why you need it.
- Your Camera: Get to know your F-stops from your Aperture, a crash course on taking control of your camera.
- Lighting: Learn the difference between speedlights and studio lights, then learn how to use them.
- Ghost Mannequin Photography: We'll show you how to create the most popular type of image to display clothing in e-commerce.
- Packshot Photography: You'll learn how to photograph and create images of products on a pure digital white background.
- Models: Where to find them, how to work with them and we'll also cover the legal in's and out's of using them.
- Photoshop: Creating successful product photos only starts with a camera, we'll teach you how to use Photoshop to manipulate your images properly while keeping it as simple as possible.
- Copyright: If you're creating commercial images, you need to know about your rights and what to do if your images are stolen.
This course is a practical, hands on experience where you'll be guided through everything you need to know by Matt McFadden, owner of the business and full time commercial photographer.
The Product Photography Course will be run twice a year at a cost of £1200 per person. With no more than six places available on either course, you can be sure that you'll get all the support you need, when you need it.
For more information about our courses please get in touch by clicking here.